*RECIPE* - Rooibos Matcha and Granola topped Banana bread
I used to cringe at the taste of rooibos and when my friends would buy a rooibos tea I would shake my head and think ‘how?’. But... my oh my, it’s grown on me so much and now I really enjoy the taste of it - especially when paired with something sweet like banana.
As most of you are probably aware, I bake a loaf of banana bread every week... without fail, (it’s my ultimate favourite food... well that and hummus) but this time I thought to switch it up a bit and add rooibos matcha powder and also top with granola to supercharge it even more.
Here’s the recipe for you all!
Time: 60 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
Allergies & intolerances:
•Vegan (of course)
•Contains coconut oil (but can be replaced for other alternatives)
•Contains a nut and seed topping
•Can be made gluten-free depending on chosen flour and topping
•250g of flour
•100g of sugar
•1 heaped tablespoon of rooibos matcha powder
•1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1 mashed ripe banana
•3 tablespoons of chia seeds
•225ml of water
•85ml of olive oil
•A couple of handfuls of granola (for topping)
•coconut oil (for greasing the loaf tin)
1) Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2) Weigh out the ingredients and mash the banana.
3) Put all the ingredients in a large bowl except from the coconut oil and granola.
4) Thoroughly stir all the ingredients together using a spoon until the mixture is well combined.
5) Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil.
6) Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and spread it out to be level.
7) Scatter the granola over the surface on the mixture to crisp up in the oven.
8) Place into the oven and leave to bake for 45-50 minutes.
9) Once ready, remove from the oven and leave on a wire rack to cool before slicing, plating and demolishing.
I hope you enjoy baking, and I hope you enjoy eating it even more so! Tag your creations on Instagram for me to see: @alwaysmargi